Date d'affichage :
12 janvier 2018
Présentation de l'entreprise :
Telindus powered by Tango is a leader in converged ICT and telecom services in Luxembourg and provides global solutions to all businesses and public administrations. Its areas of expertise include fixed and mobile telecommunications, ICT infrastructures, cloud and security. Telindus has become “Telindus powered by Tango” to offer increasingly innovative solutions to its customers and enhance their daily relations, while simplifying them.
In support of its customers to assist them in their digital transformation at their own pace, Telindus deploys a broad range of innovative and managed services that meet the specific needs of each of them for a sustainable development of their activities. Telindus generates value-creating solutions and pays particular attention to their return on investment.
With almost 500 experienced staff members, its approach is focused on the customers: a single contact person manages their needs and requirements through the command of an integrated end-to-end solution.
The Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services provided by a specific Service Module.
The Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacentre environment hardware and software and related infrastructure.
You participate in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
Environment and activities:
For the Storage and SAN domains, the service is responsible to provide and maintain block-based (SAN) and file-based (NAS) environments based on disk arrays from different vendors (today EMC, HDS and NetApp), and a dedicated Storage Area Network built on top of switches and directors from known specialized vendors (at present Brocade and Cisco).
Concerning Data Protection, the service provides state-of-the-art backup’s service classes to the customers and ensures reliable restore mechanisms, based on disk-based and tape-based software (EMC Networker and MS DPM) and hardware solutions from different vendors (currently EMC and NetApp).
There are a broad range of activities performed within the backup and storage service to ensure the quality delivery of each individual service. Below you will find an overall picture of the most common activities.
The Backup and storage team shall perform the following activities (list non-exhaustive):
The activities related to managing the hardware are:
- Analysis and propose configuration to deploy
- Architecture and Reference Configuration definition
- CMDB maintenance
- Decommissioning: data migration in coordination with other teams, logical disk shredding, and configuration cleaning
In terms of activities linked to the provisioning and maintenance of the services:
- Set-up and maintain Storage devices’ definitions and policies
- Set-up and maintain Backup tool and corresponding application’s modules definitions and policies
- Storage Area Network related: zoning and port configurations
- Drive and enforce standards based deployments
- Oversee installation, provisioning, troubleshooting and reporting
- Perform periodic analysis of vulnerabilities available with the corresponding risk and impact assessment, in conjunction with the providers, to ensure a stable and safe setup. Reporting based on templates is part of the analysis
- In coordination with the providers, install updates and patches to hardware and software. Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks
- Capacity and Performance planning of each component of the infrastructure
- You have at least 3 years (for Junior) 6 years (for Senior) of experience in NAS domain within a large environment;
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus;
- You are willing to travel in order to attend industry events and customer meetings.
Good knowledge in several of the following tools is required:
- Brocade Network Advisor
- Brocade SAN Switches (Gen 4, 5, 6)
- HDS Storage Navigator, Tuning Manager and Device Manager
- High-end (HDS G1000, USP-V, VSP) and Mid-Range (Netapp E-Series) storage arrays
- Netapp SANtricity
A professional and stimulating working environment in the telecommunications sector. Various career opportunities within the Proximus Group on a national and International level, high-quality training and a rich and acknowledged expertise. We also offer you an attractive remuneration with many fringe benefits.