On December 4th, almost 1000 ICT professionals gathered at the Casino 2000 in Mondorf-les-Bains to attend the 12th edition of the Gala IT One, which combined a series of conferences and discussions led by local and international experts, with the ceremony of the Luxembourg ICT Awards, moderated by Lisa Burke. 690 people participated to this unique Awards session.
• IT Security Provider of the Year: Excellium Services is rewarded for the development of "Eyeguard Cyber Security Operation Center", a solution to detect and face cyber incidents. 20 international customers are already using this service.
• IT Development Company of the Year: Ainos wins the prize, having developed several solutions including "MyDPRights", which enables companies to collect all customers’ demands related to GDPR. It has also launched bots in Luxembourg such as OLiver for OneLife and Poli for the Government of Luxembourg. It also works in the field of RPA (Robotic Automation Process).
• Cloud Innovation of the Year: Telindus is rewarded this year for its cloud innovation which has been developed with technology leaders Hewlett Packard Enterprise and Microsoft. It succeeded in implementing its solutions with the case of Auchan for example. Its cloud solution is also adaptable to the financial market and its specificities.
• Managed Services of the Year: As managed services provider, EBRC has provided support to several companies including i-Hub, LUXHUB and LuxTrust and wins this year's award. I-Hub became a recognized player in KYC compliancy. EBRC supported LUXHUB with the setup of its IT and LuxTrust to move its IT infrastructure and applications by the end of 2018.
• Telecom Provider of the Year: POST, for its solution "ConnectedOffice" launched in April 2017 which already convinced more than 600 companies, is rewarded. Regarding the inclusion of all companies, these services which were once dedicated only to the major accounts, are now available to all, including SMEs. It also has a Luxembourgish SOC to handle different types of DDoS attacks.
• Startup of the Year: LUXHUB, which was founded by the 4 major Luxembourgish Banks, BCEE, BGL BNP PARIBAS, RAIFFEISEN and POST, is named Startup of the Year. Its aim is to connect banks with fintechs, helping them to evolve in a digital era. With its solutions, it enables banks to comply with the PSD2 European Directive.
• Outstanding Contribution to Luxembourg: PwC Luxembourg wins the prize after launching the Experience Center and hosting more than 40 external initiatives with a strong footprint in the ICT. It is also committed to support the ICT sector in Luxembourg through hosting and welcoming various events and conferences. It also contributes to various associations and movements within the ICT Ecosystem (LHoFT, Nyuko, CPSI, PMI, APSI, CIO Net, LU CIX).
• ICT Training Company of the Year: Orsys is rewarded as ICT training company tonight. It has more than 40 years of experience in this field but also more than 200 international certifications. Each year it launches more than 150 new programs to follow the evolutions of the sector and its emerging technologies.
• ICT Strategic Advisor of the Year: Thanks to its multicultural and multi-disciplinary IT advisory teams, KPMG Luxembourg is able to advise companies in very different sectors. Thanks to its hard work it has concluded alliances with IBM Watson and ServicesNow. Their expertise also enables them to support CIO in their strategy with regards to subject like risk, cyber-security and compliance.
• ICT Company of the Year: System Solutions, a Luxembourgish company expanding on a European scale, wins this year's prize. Its development has led to lots of hires, and it has been awarded this year as Great Place to Work 2018. On an IT perspective, it is certified Veeam Platinum Partner, which is not common for a company in the Luxembourgish market.
• Great Company to Work with: ANIDRIS
• Lifetime Career Award: Yves Baguet, COO of BIL
• ICT Team of the Year: BIL is rewarded this year for its hard work. There is a cohesion between their IT Teams and the business teams to have the feedback of customers and to know when there is room for improvement. Since the launch of Bilnet in April, 20 new features have been added and their UX/UI expertise has led to 40 new customer paths. They also undertook an important project in June: the replacement of their Core Banking System.
• CIO of the Year: Olivier Beaujean, CIO of IEE, wins the award thanks to his great project led with his IT team to enhance internal IT organization with new tools, a real change in the mindset of the organization. Also, he has succeeded in overcoming cultural barriers. All this has led to an increase of the company’s productivity of 20-25%.
Congratulations to all the participants and thank you to all the partners of the event: Clearstream – Deloitte – Accenture – POST Luxembourg – IRIS – OXiane Luxembourg – 42 Consulting – System Solutions – Dimension Data – Earthlab & EmailTree.
Photos: Dominique Gaul
Publié le 05 décembre 2018