On March 28th and 29th, hundreds of ICT and cybersecurity experts in Luxembourg will gather at the Alvisse Parc Hotel for the third edition of the IS Days – Information Security Days. Through a series of conferences, round tables, thematic workshops and live-demos, the participants will have the opportunity to discover and discuss the latest and greatest technological advances and trends in the field of cybersecurity. A prestigious gala dinner will also be organized at the end of the first day, in order to recognize the best practices and solutions of the year, available in Luxembourg.
On March 28th, the event will start with a keynote by Jorge Blasco Alis (Lecturer, Course Director, Information Security Group, Royal Holloway, University of London). Dr. Tom Leclerc (Senior Security Consultant, Telindus) and Daniel Fischer (Head of the Engineering Support Section at European Space Agency – ESA) will give a joint presentation, followed by a speech given by Bruno Schröder, Technology Officer at Microsoft Belgium & Luxembourg. Then, Arthur Vermeire, Senior Cyber Security Manager, Darktrace, will focus on "the new era of cyber threats", advocating a shift to self-learning and self-defending networks.
On the second day, Basile Mathieu (Team Leader, Security Services, EBRC) will share his vision of the SOC (Security Operations Center) 2.0, highlighting the need to move from the concept of cyber security to the one of cyber resilience. Then, Jean-Marie Spaus (Project Manager, Luxembourg Ministry of Economy) will show the participants how the country of Luxembourg is preparing for the data-driven economy. Organizers will also welcome Cindy Spelt, CEO of Supermassive Black Hole, for a startup pitch session.After a well-deserved coffee break, Dr. Rayna Stambollyska (Risk Management and Crisis Management Expert, RS Strategy) will share her knowledge on how to build a cyber security strategy, from threats to solutions.
Photo : Dominique Gaul (ISDays 2017)
Then, the difference between information security, cyber security and IT security will be addressed by Pascal Steichen (CEO of SMILE), Arnaud Simonin (Data Security Officer, RBS Luxembourg) and Dolores Perez (Head of Group Data Protection, KBL epb). The experts will share their visions and visions for a field that keeps transforming, almost on a daily basis.
Tens of experts workshops and live-demos
Through the days, international and local ICT firms will showcase their knowledge and latest solutions. Participants will therefore have to discover the latest and innovative solutions, provided by NTT Security, IMRIM, Onetrust, Dartalis, Tech-IT, CyberArk, Varonis, Wallix, F5, Digital Security, Blueliv, Skybox Security, EBRC, Synack, Rapid7, ThreatQ and Avi Networks.
Also, with the upcoming Global Data Protection Regulation, which will impact all EU member states starting May 25th, 2018, GDPR experts – Wallix, MyGDPRights, Onetrust and CyberArk – will organize speed dating sessions.
The Information Security Awards
After a first day of conferences and knowledge sharing, experts will attend the second edition of the Information Security Awards gala dinner. These prizes aim at rewarding the best practices and solutions implemented. Who will win the prestigious awards?
• IS Personality of the Year: the prize recognizes a professional who holds a strategic position in his/her company in terms of Information Systems Security. It rewards his/her vision, his/her projects, his/her contribution to the sector and his/her leadership.
• Security Project of the Year: it rewards an information security project developed to pursue a business objective. This project distinguishes itself by its innovative character, its efficiency and the results achieved.
• Awareness Security initiative of the Year: a prize which recognizes an organization for a project / initiative promoting awareness of the information security issues.
• Best Security partner of the year: it recognizes the best IT Security company all criteria taken together. It rewards a company for its wide range of offers, the quality of its products/services and of its customer care.
• Security Startup of the year: which IT security company – less than 3 years old and composed of a maximum of 20 people – proved to be the most innovative and has the brightest future?
Two special prizes will also be distributed this evening.
• Woman Talent of the Year: it recognizes a woman for her career in the IT sector, her vision and the quality of the projects led.
• GDPR Initiative of the year: it rewards a company for the service/solution it offers to comply at best with this new data protection law across all EU member states. A strategic aspect as all organizations cross-sectors will have to be compliant by May 25th, 2018.
For more information, go to isdays.lu.
Publié le 13 mars 2018